Features and gameplay
Using a one-handed, mouse-driven control scheme, you'll dodge and strike with 1:1 precision and unlimited movement speed. Evade intense bullet patterns in the blink of an eye, then dash through entire enemy squads to crush them in a single gesture. Movement is everything in Legacy of the Elder Star, and no other shoot 'em up moves like this.
Legacy of the Elder Star is focused on playing smart offense, not picking your way through overwhelming bullet hell. Enemy patterns change each time you play, keeping you on your toes and avoiding rote sequence repetition; online daily challenges are even further randomized. The main story mode grants unlimited continues; death may limit your scoring potential, but it won't kick you out of the game. And extensive accessibility options like a colorblind mode, auto-fire toggle, and adjustable game speed are included for gamers with disabilities, or even just those who want a more casual experience.
The art style
Principal artist Erik Exeter brings over a decade of digital illustration experience to Legacy of the Elder Star. The result is a beautifully vibrant world expressed in confident brush strokes and an eye-popping, high-energy color palette fit for all the explosive action you expect from a shmup, without sacrificing readability.
- TechRaptor – To The Green: Legacy of the Elder Star
- Gamers Haven – The Quickest of Looks at Legacy of the Elder Star
- True PC Gaming – Legacy of the Elder Star Demo Review
- The Salt Lake Tribune – Upping Utah's Indie Gaming Scene
- Gamers Haven – Utah Games Guild shines at Salt Lake Gaming Con
- The Salt Lake Tribune – Library seeks to excite children about computers, before the world changes without them
- Fast-Paced Reviews – Legacy of the Elder Star: Brush Them Up!
- Alpha Beta Gamer – Tumblr
- DigiSpun – Legacy of the Elder Star Arcade Shooter Looks Amazing